Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Can you keep a secret?

I was at a get-together last night with some old schoolmates and in the midst of trivial conversation, a name came up which I've never mentioned to anyone else before but a guy whom had left the party earlier. It led to my friends grilling me about my private life, which I did not entertain and shrugged off. Regardless of the level of truth or accuracy to the allegations, I was taken aback by the lack of tact and I felt not only offended, but violated and betrayed. And me being the sort of person who has relatively high morals, I ABHOR being put in a degrading light.

*How could they? How could he? Why?*

He has spilled a lot of beans to me too, and being one of the closest and longest friends I've had, I would have expected him to use proper discretion to know what stays between us, no matter how close we are to other friends we share. It's amusing to hear no doubt, but honestly, unless it's important, thoroughly deserved or there's the nice chance of getting paid 7 figures to do so, I wouldn't regurgitate gossip that's hazardous to anyone's reputation. It's disrespectful.

But I'm sure whatever happened didn't happen out of malicious intent. I still love my friends to bits. I just gotta keep in mind that people might not share the same principles that I do.

2 Comments:

Blogger Muddy said...

I don't know what happened, but it is obvious that secret and trust is a fragile web.

12:53 PM  
Blogger disco-very said...

yes it is, so i have learnt. thanks for the feedback!

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home