Friday, October 06, 2006

When your university is a four-letter word

-----Original Message-----
From: [name of branding executive] [mailto:______@___.edu.my]
Sent: Thursday, October 05, 2006 2:55 PM
To: [Jayaram's email]; [Tard's email]
Subject: [name of uni] Video session

Hi Jayaram and Davina Goh,

We are pleased to inform you that [name of uni] will be hosting a video-shoot session and would like to invite you to come for this session. We wish to introduce our achievers in this videoshoot, as our effort to show our appreciation to [name of uni] achievers. This interactive-cd will be featured at our roadshows & formal functions for other public students.We will be organizing this video-session within mid week - of October 2006 but the dates and time are not yet confirm.

Do email me back to express your interest, hopefully before end of this week & we will get back to you once the dates of the session is firmed.

Hope to hear from you soon. Have a wonderful day!

Best regards,
[name of branding executive]


-----Original Message-----
From: Davina Goh [mailto:ikilledkenny@yourhouse.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 05, 2006 5:26 PM
To: [name of branding executive]
Cc: [Jayaram's email]
Subject: RE: [name of uni] Video session

Hello [name of branding executive],

Thanks very much for your invitation. I however regret to inform you that I shall be turning down the offer due to negative past experiences I have had with [name of uni].

My CGPA was severely affected by lecturers who let their emotions get in the way of professionalism, after I and several other peers utilised our rights as students and offered constructive advice on their lecturing techniques. I also had to resume my studies after a year of working full-time, as I was not informed by the college that I needed to complete more subjects in order to graduate. The college had done nothing to help alleviate my situation nor offer any compensation for the massive inconvenience - if anything it deflected all blame - but I'm very lucky to have had a boss who was understanding enough to let me continue working part-time while I finished the course.

I have heard countless other stories from my friends in the same program, whom have been held back in similar cases that highlight the appalling discrepancies in [name of uni]'s administration. One of them, incidentally and unfortunately enough, includes Jayaram, but that is another story altogether. If you or any other [name of uni] representative is interested in hearing him out I am sure he will be more than happy to share his views.

I have offered my profile generously to [name of uni] through publicity work which I have done for free in the past few years. But I have come to the stage where I feel that if [name of uni] sincerely wants to put in an 'effort to show (its) appreciation to [name of uni] achievers', i.e. ask for more favors from its alumni, then I strongly suggest that it bucks up in the student welfare department first.


I hope this email reaches upper management if only for their kind awareness and future reference.

Thanks for reading, and best wishes for the shoot.

Davina Goh

8 Comments:

Blogger Zahrain said...

Bravo to the tard one!!!!

In general certain private college/university administration are either money hungry or just plain dumb. Heck! myself being a guinea pig for a new course in college does have its ups and downs...the lies i tell you!. Come to think of it, it does have a four-letter to it and starts with L ends with T...kakaka.

4:26 PM  
Blogger Jox said...

Help us help youuuuuuuuu. You tell them, girl. Bloody bastards didn't even include my name in the list of students who graduated for that year. Psssh. Just as well I guess.

5:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

help sucks.

5:53 PM  
Blogger Reta said...

private unis shud be burned down, ditto =P

11:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fuiyoh...
restepa! :D

9:33 AM  
Blogger Captain Karat said...

well done.

private education in malaysia is a joke that isn't funny as much as it is sinister.

2:29 PM  
Blogger disco-very said...

Looks like my attempts to keep the university anonymous were in vain. :P

Joy, sorry to hear about that. Thanks for emphasizing that there are bigger retards than i am out there.

7:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You rock! It is about time that someone sets this Uni straight. I have a friend who’s picture was distributed all over her old school in a marketing/advertising ploy without her permission. Its the kind of cheep mentality and hard sell that makes me feel like vomiting blood.

I should add that I have had similar ass biting experiences with this universities marketing and department of American degree program. I have in the past threatened to press charges when they did not get their story about the UIU right (I am sure you know of the charged arguments we had with them)

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home