Thursday, June 02, 2005

Itchy Bun

A wonderful bloke from Astana International, the production house involved with the recent TM Net ad series, has passed me soft copies of the ‘Japanese Girl’ commercial. For the benefit of those who are overseas, don’t have television or just like taking the mickey out of my hairclips, here they are. Both files are in Quicktime format.

One is the original as seen on TV; I can’t play this file on my PC; I’m not sure if anyone else would have better luck with it but you can give it a shot if you like. On a trivial note, the jingle playing at the end was specially composed for the ad; the lyrics, translated from Japanese, are: ”I love you, but I don’t know how to tell you!”

Japanese Girl (Original version)

Warning: The next file is gargantuan. It features a second-choice cut, without English subtitles or color adjustment (i.e. my real hair color shows) and with a different ending. (I love how the cameras were left rolling at the end.) I’m actually surprised that this was presented to the clients, because we only did this version in one take just to try out one of the director’s spontaneous suggestions.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Japanese Girl (Alternate version)


The links will expire soon so let me know when they do and I’ll upload the files again.

Update: I'm trying to get a properly-working file of the original ad and a *compressed* version of the alternate one. Hope you can hold out with me!

18 Comments:

Blogger seth.frostheart said...

hrm.. links not found. can't be down that quick rite?

(down/not found @ my time of posting)

4:29 PM  
Blogger disco-very said...

hi frostheart, try again, i my blog just needed republishing.

4:32 PM  
Blogger seth.frostheart said...

okie dokie.. got it :D

2nd file is... omg girl, 125 mb?! whts astana doing? silly agency people should compress it down for you like the first file, lol.. i wonder how long it took you to upload that, heh...

1/2 hr to go... zzzz :P

4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aargh! dammit! you chicks get everything!! hahaha. can you please use some of that charm of yours and help me get a copy of mine too??? pls pls pretty please, with sprinkles on top?? *shows puppy eyes*

8:30 PM  
Blogger burn666 said...

Hrmmm... same... thats odd.

9:36 AM  
Blogger seth.frostheart said...

technically speaking, i think the 17mb file has a compressor native to FCP or avid. whomever outputted that file needs to output it again into a common compressor format...

12:34 PM  
Blogger disco-very said...

thanks frostheart, contacting the guy to see if he can help me out again. everyone else, sorry about the problems surfacing. currently seeking solutions.

osaya, will try my best!

12:46 PM  
Blogger Aeric said...

omg ... his japanese is so funny. I doubt I could get away with saying that here.

8:16 PM  
Blogger aslage said...

Hello! My name is Adriel, and I came across your blog randomly one day...I have to tell you that it is so fun reading it! You have a great perspective in things and a way with words. Wish I could have viewed the commercial!!! Oh well, I'm sure it's funny=) Have a great day!

11:04 PM  
Blogger kepala_angin said...

I saw the commercial on tv. I enjoy it - funny. Congratulation.

8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bear downloaded the first copy twice and got a different file name each time.
Bear cannot download the second (alternate) version.
Bear sad.
The first one still gives an error in Quicktime. The compressor is missing, or something.
Bear sadder. Droopy little round furry eared bear.

Bear

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

arigato gozaimasu!!! ;)

9:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i'd always wanted to know, since i saw you put up the pun, what does ichiban actually mean? is it a kinda fish

4:45 PM  
Blogger disco-very said...

Aeric,
I know, it's really funny - my lil sis thought he was speaking Mandarin.

Adriel,
Thanks for dropping by, it's great receiving surprise comments from peeps like you and I look forward to getting to know you better. have a great day yourself :D

Kepala Angin,
thanks :)

Bear,
Sorry that you can't access the files. A friend is going to try and recompress the first one so everyone can see and hear it, and he'll also try and compress the second file into a more decent size. in the meantime i just re-posted the current second file.

Osaya,
Doo Itashimashite!

Habitualdamnation,
it literally translates to 'Number One', although I also thought prior to this that it was a sort of dessert.

8:03 PM  
Blogger albert said...

Here, for those unable to wait, a sound byte:
http://www.xfresh.com/albert/japanesegirl2.mp3 (240 KB, thank goodness)

I am still 40MB away from the big 127MB download. :( Nope, still can't see the 17MB one.

10:27 PM  
Blogger albert said...

And now, for something that will fit on a floppy disk! :O

http://www.xfresh.com/albert/japanesegirl2.wmv (641 KB)

And a linked version of the original ad's... audio.

http://www.xfresh.com/albert/japanesegirl2.mp3 (240 KB)

Should this win me a date with the cute Japanese girl? Vote, people!

11:42 PM  
Blogger disco-very said...

haha, thanks a ton albert. you're a star :)

7:51 PM  
Blogger albert said...

I was bumming around KL Sentral when I saw Streamyx ads playing! I stood around like a lost tourist for half an hour waiting for this to come again, and I missed the English-subtitled one. The sound is from the mp3, so pardon the unsynchronized sound.

http://www.xfresh.com/albert/japanesegirlbootleg.wmv (596KB)

Syefri said that you did look like a bintang filem lucah. This was before I told him it was you. And some others said that all Japanese look like pron stars. faceanalyzer.com says you're Korean/Japanese. It is destiny!

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home