Thursday, August 04, 2005

Akademi Fanaticism

My friend drops me off to work Monday morning and I see this:



I've seen people - even the most elite of our kind, cultured, rich and haughty - reduce themselves to primal masses of maniacs who would sell their souls to play their part in the hype.

I personally can't comprehend the frenzy backing up Akademi Fantasia... Is it the talent? The personalities? The hosts? The drama? The thrill of the SMS voting race? The catchy theme song and poorly proportioned dancing silver ball stick man?

Ticketcharge is kept on its toes during AF season, where people will flippin sleep outside the office from 4am the day before in order to get a seat close enough to the stage so that their fave contestant would be able to pass a glance at their glitter-and-magazine-cut-out banners.

Monday marked the first day of ticket sales for the Finals on Saturday. All were bought at Early Bird prices - the entire stadium was sold out before noon.

Man, I feel so un-happening now.

Join me on my perilous journey to the cubicle...

6 Comments:

Blogger Fashionasia said...

fuhyoh....didnt know it was THAT popular......Malaysian Idol also lose.

12:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your video is reality TV at its best. Hahaha.

11:22 AM  
Blogger kepala_angin said...

sometimes, these crazed fans made me think that I'm weird because I'm not on the AF bandwagon..

do i need support group to carry my weirdness?

12:41 PM  
Blogger lynnee said...

a colleague told me once that you gotta send at least a hundred sms votes in order to have some impact on the votes.

& then again, there's definitely bound to be some other joker who'll send in 1000 sms's & swing the voting HIS/ HER way.

so what's the point???

1:41 PM  
Blogger disco-very said...

Jon,
thanks for visiting! interesting site you've got there.

fashionasia,
oh, you wouldn't beh-leeeve. the moment the tickets were all sold out, now THAT was a sight to behold.

Az,
Thanks for watching... if you strain your ears hard enough when i'm making my way through the crowd on the first floor, you might be able to hear a woman mistaking me for a reporter.

kepala_angin,
no, just some same-minded company. *high five*

lynnee,
that's the thing with voting.. i'm just happy sitting on my fat @ss complaining about how my fave singers on Malaysian Idol didn't get through.

6:43 PM  
Blogger earl-ku said...

hmmm i think they are all gonna go there and riot ...

the AF-Conspiracy anyone?

hey how come they dont take the lift and just somehow cut the q like how you just walked in?

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home