Monday, January 23, 2006

All of a sudden

This morning, I wake up groggily to the perky alarm of my mobile phone.
I take my shower. I use my shower gel, my shampoo, my conditioner, all from my little toiletry basket.
I dry myself down. I run my fingers through my hair, slap on some moisturizer and refrain myself from grabbing the foundation. My face feels naked.
I take out a random shirt and a random pair of slacks, both of which I put on in a random fashion. I feel blissfully unkept.
I pack my handbag, head downstairs and watch myself pour raisin bran into a bowl of soymilk.
I head out the front gate and pull out my mules from under the shoe rack. It is covered in Crystal's fur. I refuse to dust it off.
I start the car engine and wait for my parents to get into the car.
I join the rush hour crowd on the train and wait by the bus stop for the shuttle to take me to my office site.
I walk to Block 29, enter the lift and press the button for the fifth floor. The doors open. I take a long, deep breath. I open the door to my office.
To mom's cooking.
To movie outings with friends.
To the used scent of my pillow.
To the confines of my blog that is retardation.
Normalcy has never needed so much getting used to.

5 Comments:

Blogger Aeric said...

Welcome back!
Hope everything went well.

4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome back!

12:43 AM  
Blogger Jox said...

i want free tickets to the screening, biatch!

12:26 PM  
Blogger jack said...

*hugs*

now go write us an update

1:35 PM  
Blogger disco-very said...

aeric,
thanks, it went superbly. loved every minute :)

damion / sub,
thanks!

joy,
i'll see what can be arranged :P

jack0,
I'll be posting stuff on the movie in the s'kali blog, so you can check from time to time. *hugs back*

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home