Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Second round

Work has gotten into a bit of a crisis that requires civilised talk between lawyers, rehearsals for the Broken Bridges run in Ipoh has kicked off to an ebullient start this week, and I've just gone for a medical test that may confirm a gastric bacterial infection if, left untreated, could lead to cancer.

As you can see, my internal 24-hour hotline for drama is once again off the hook.

But it doesn't feel as bad as it sounds for now. In fact, as pathetic as this sounds, at the end of the day my biggest concern is how much time I have left to blog these days, and what about.

Many friends have been telling me about a promo ad on TV about S'kali being featured in the Astro Box Office Movies selection for November 2006. I haven't seen it myself, and probably never will at the rate my contact hours with the television is diminishing. But while it's still a discussable topic, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to post up a couple of related articles to keep you guys distracted while I get my act together. My apologies for the text being relatively small for reading comfort.

Here is the interview with the full cast - one of very few - that that appeared in CinemaOnline, July 2006 issue. I feel this the best group interview we had - well written with little misinterpretation. Although there was a little mix-up at one point between a cameo I made on Pond's 'Table For Two' and the 8TV Quickie Dramedy.





This article is taken from Vida! magazine, also taken from their July 2006 issue. This one is my baby for biased reasons: I contacted the Managing Editor with a humble proposal for coverage, and she unexpectedly gave us a ten-page feature. All the pictures used here (except the one with me in it) were taken from my first personal photography assignment using my then-brand-new Konica Minolta Z20. (The photo credit includes my castmate Zimy Rozan, but his pictures unfortunately didn't make the cut.)








If you subscribe to Astro's Box Office Movies (Channel 21) this month, you can catch S'kali at the following times:

Tuesday 14th November, 11am
Wednesday 15th November, 6am & 10pm
Thursday 16th November, 5pm
Friday 17th November, 9am
Saturday 18th November, 4am & 8pm
Sunday 19th November, 3pm

Thank you once again for supporting Malaysian cinema.

6 Comments:

Blogger ling said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:21 PM  
Blogger ling said...

nice! i read d first article but couldnt read d rest cos its too small! thanks for the photos! i like the "united we stand, s'kali we fall!" line =) its meaningful.

i just linked u at my blog (just changed)! :)

-pei ling

10:22 PM  
Blogger Reta said...

hun, take care of your health ok, hugs!

sorry couldnt make it today - just read ur email

2:29 PM  
Blogger Natasha Fernz said...

Hey there.

Gosh the gastric problem sounds quite serious... Hope you manage to sort it out real soon. Take care ya, and have fun in Ipoh...

11:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take care!

Lotsa hugs from everyone in Boston!

Az

10:10 PM  
Blogger disco-very said...

ling,
i don't blame you for not being about to read the second article, i shrunk it too much. but thanks for checking them out, and thanks for the link!

cyber-red,
thanks will try. and no worries, will blog about it soon.

natasha,
i hope it will be sorted out soon too. ipoh was great :)

Az,
*hugs Boston kaki back*
:D

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home