Wednesday, September 21, 2005

8TV Dramedy (Episode 6)

For those who missed out on it on the 8TV Quickie last month, here is the sixth of seven teeny weeny episodes of 'A Better Change'. Each file will be around 20MB in MPEG format and lasts a little less than two minutes.



This was one of the tougher episodes to film.

My first attempt at all-out doodling - in school I just painted my fingernails with highlighter - makes its TV debut.

For the film production scene, the director was giving me ideas on what to say to look like I was encouraging my subordinate, but at one part I didn't notice that he was talking to me and carried on parroting his expressions.

"That was a good shot!"
"That was a good shot!"
"No, I mean that was great!"
"No! I mean that was GREAT!"
"D!!! I'm talking to YOU!"
"...Oh."

We are 'editing' an old episode of Malaysian Idol.

The sound room and presentation scenes required a lot of improvisation on my part. I only needed to look convincing, but I was still very self conscious about spewing out gibberish, even when I was assured that my voice-over will be the only thing playing in the final product.

The movie premiere scene was the first one shot on the second day. Still drained from the day before, everyone was snoozing around between takes.

At the part where I'm sitting down, I don't know if it's just me, but right at the bit where I sit down in the cinema, the makeup makes me look like a splitting image of the chick who co-hosts the 8TV Quickie itself.

I wish I knew how to updo my hair like that myself. I really liked it.

Check out Episode 5 here.

For a recap on this shoot and the original TV commercial, scoot over to this entry.

4 Comments:

Blogger mob1900 said...

Love ya when you go neurotic and bonkers. oh, you're being YOU!
lolx

11:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

err.. parrots?
hi-ho davina~ away~!

1:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Disco-Very, I need ur help.

http://joeperantau.blogspot.com/

Pls go to that blog n vote for MIEKEMPAS please!

Thx!

11:55 AM  
Blogger disco-very said...

mob 1900,
neurotic and bonkers? since when was i ever that? *whistles*

sub,
i no understand...

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home