Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Berry Bad

I enter the office this morning and inhale an aroma brimming with impeccable sweetness. I quickly realize something amiss with the situation. I scamper to the pantry, swing open the tea cupboard and gasp at my bag of cereal drink, with the opening I made ever-so-delicately now ripped mercilessly into a gaping hole. I turn to the sink and see recognisable little bits of oats and wheat flakes clinging desperately on to the aluminium sides. I peer into the wastebasket and my heart lets out a bloodcurdling scream of anguish...

I see not one, not two, but FOUR empty sachets of MY berry-flavored cereal drink. That's one fifth of the bag gone. Just like that. Into four less deserving tummies.

I am aware of the communal organizational structure and I do love my co-workers, but love won't bring back my precious berry babies. Quaker don't come cheap damnit.

10 Comments:

Blogger Aeric said...

Seek out those miscreants! Hunt them down like the dogs they are!

Or just put a note on your cereal drink promising damnation upon the foolish person/s who dare defile your precious beverage.

9:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*sends out a german sheppard*

thou shalt b hunted down, thieves!

btw, seth.. justice is blind innit?

3:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The same thing happens here at our pantry.

Try adding cockroach droppings in yr cereal next time and leave it conveniently lying around . Offensive is the best defensive. *evil grin*

10:02 AM  
Blogger Kimberly Low said...

i feel u babe. i hid my teabags in a sandwich bag in my own drawer since all 20 bags of them dissappeared in the 1st week. this is a nice blog!

11:09 AM  
Blogger SaDdNesZ.jc said...

Be careful where you put personal stuff at the office... If you don't want people touching them, then you should label them. That's why pantries should always have markers lying around...

11:38 AM  
Blogger disco-very said...

Aeric,
hehe, thanks. unfortunately, leaving notes on my stuff would be deemed a horribly selfish act in my company, and i wouldn't want to cause any trouble than i already am.

seth.frostheart,
alas, justice is a rare thing...

ryousuke,
german shephards? heck, bring out the rotts and dobermans too.

ah pink,
won't roach droppings keep me from consuming it too? (love that last quote.)

kimberlycun,
thanks, you've got a phat blog going on there too.

woah, in your own drawer too? what an outrage!

saddnesz.jc,
my pantry don't have markers... my old office used to label everything in the pantry, but for a logical reason: we had 3 magazines working under one roof - and all-woman staff. :P

6:26 PM  
Blogger albert said...

SHAME ON THEM! I would never OPEN a box and then steal a pack! I would only steal from an opened box, and leave the dignity of the last pack to the owner!

P.S. No I did not kick your dog! Oh and if I left my placebo at the door, how sure are you that noone will steal it?

1:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's a little sacrifice for sweet vengance? Muahahahar...

8:07 PM  
Blogger disco-very said...

albert,
the packet was already opened by me, i just made a little hole so that whatever's inside would be less accessible by other people. guess i was a bit stupid that way.
and don't worry about the placebos... i've stocked up on Smarties.

ah pink,
nice one!

4:34 PM  
Blogger disco-very said...

oh-jon,
salmon juice? eeeewwww... pure genius.

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home