Wednesday, January 25, 2006

A day that will live in infamy

When "It's a wrap!" was said for the last time, the cast and crew drowned in a flood of emotions. It was particularly overwhelming for those whom had been with the project from the very beginning, like Arivind who wrote and directed, and his friend Bahir who was the production manager/associate producer. They were dazed and knackered, but you could see they were bathing in silent bliss.

January 22nd is a date that holds fond memories. Not only did it mark the final day of the shoot of S'kali, but it also found me on the performance stage of a certain band whom, next to The Beatles, has affected my life on a fairly substantial level.

Jamiroquai has helped me understand the joys of musical obsession. I started out relatively late, with an appreciation for their work only surfacing in late 1999. But I caught on quick. My fondness for the funk in Synkronized lead me to trace back their beginnings, and the moment I read vocalist Jay Kay's idealistic rant in the CD inlay of Emergency On Planet Earth and felt the earthy vibe of the didgeridoo, I knew our affair was set in stone.

A few years had barely passed, but by the time news had broke about the inclusion of Singapore in their Funk Odyssey tour, I was a soul-starved gremlin.

Exactly four years after, I would have never expected yet another dream fulfilled.

I'll be putting up posts in the S'kali Production blog soon. In the meantime, if I haven't raved about it to you personally, you can get a recap of what happened when Jay Kay read out a banner made by a retard in cowprint pants.

Link 1
Link 2

4 Comments:

Blogger Reta said...

looking fwd to see u on the big screen wink..

i see the boys flockin soon hehe

8:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

woohoo! movie star! hehehe..
btw, u've been tagged woman! ^_~ http://www.midnitelily.com/archives/000167.html

10:22 PM  
Blogger burn666 said...

Congratz on the completion of your film! ;)

Aw man, i just read your Jamiroquai story and... that is one AWESOME pic of you on stage with Jay Kay! Woo!!!

10:28 PM  
Blogger disco-very said...

cyber-red,
thanks, i'm however feeling the exact opposite. can't stand looking at my face, and that's not even starting to consider how my voice sounds too... @_@

midnite lily,
thanks! refer to the very next post...

burn666,
thanks for reading! breathing the same air as them was beyond anything i could describe.

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home