Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Yummy yum yum

I ordered my lunch from the usual chap fun (mixed rice) dude at the Midvalley food court yesterday. He offered me a free bowl of broth with my usual plate of veggies, I asked him what type it was for the day and he just said 'vegetables'. Fair nuff. So I grab a bowl and hop over to a nearby empty seat. I'm about to tuck in when I realize that the stuff floating in my broth isn't remotely leafy. I take a closer look...


It's a chicken foot. It was boiled as an ingredient. The shredded tendons at the end were waving around like how kelp would on a seabed. One of the claws was stained a blue-black, with the tip of the knuckle bone jutting out like a compound fracture. I prodded the jellified foot with my fork, wondering how I was going to get this soup down my oesophagus in the name of not wasting a good bowl which I was too embarrassed to return.

Damnit, I must not let down my Chinese ancestry!

I dipped my spoon in, closed my eyes and poured a little between my quivering lips, when a sudden mental image of a certain movie poster flashed before me:
Posted by Hello


As you might have figured, I didn't get very far past the first sip.

2 Comments:

Blogger albert said...

Oh now it makes sense... I was reading it without any text before this!

Chicken dance anyone?

4:31 PM  
Blogger Muddy said...

Hey, I like chicken feet soup. Super yummy, but after reading your thoughts about it, it just looks weird. Thanks a bunch...hahaha.

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home