Wednesday, March 16, 2005

I can't graduate

I can't graduate because I haven't completed enough hours and was not properly informed about it. Yup, another classic case of someone sleeping on the job at another's expense. I've got three parties trying to shun responsibility: the American university, the middle-man institution in Malaysia, and the local college which I was pursuing my degree at.

Months after going round in circles, chasing for answers and spending a good amount to re-apply for transcripts as evidence, I only got a final clarification today from the American uni that I need 2 more classes to graduate... Not much but still, I was under the impression for the past year that I was done.
I called the local middle-man representative as early as November to check on the date of the graduation ceremony for this year. I was instead slapped with the marvellous claim that I couldn't even attend it... and this was coming from the same nincompoop who assured me at the end of 2003 that I had completed everything and that if there were any changes or problems, she would let me know. I didn't hear from her for the entire 2004 so I assumed everything was cool, and immediately started job-hunting.

Now, working as a full-time peon to help sustain my family, I find out after a flippin year that I need to go back to flippin college. And not only can I not afford to sacrifice the time or money, but it's screwed up my trust level with my dad again because he's thinking it's all my fault and that I'll never be mature enough to handle things by myself.

I DEMAND JUSTICE AND IF I GO DOWN THEN HELL I'M MAKING BLOODY SURE THAT I'LL GO DOWN IN FLAMES AND ALL OF YOU WILL REMEMBER MY NAME FOR YEARS TO COME AND DON'T YOU DARE ACT FUNNY WITH ME I'M LISTENING TO MICHAEL JACKSON'S 'THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT US' ON THE RADIO.

In other words, I'm going to appeal.

1 Comments:

Blogger Muddy said...

Oh the education system. Glitches everywhere... The thing I realised is that the uni/college/dept don't keep track of your credits, UNTIL the very last minute. Luckily, my seniors warned me about it, so I was extra anal about checking my credits so that I could graduate on time. Anyway, your blog probably enlightened the young ones about this situation. You're a hero! :)

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home