Monday, March 21, 2005

Welcome to my life

I just made a complete tit out of myself on national radio.

I heard a Simple Plan contest cue-to-call announcement on the radio in my office, and remembering how eager my little sis is to enter one, I just gave it a shot. The line went through on the second try.

Warning: Following dialogue contains apparent profanity.

"Radio Four! Who's on the line?"
"Errr... M-m-my name is D-Da-"
"So are you a big fan of Simple Plan?"
"Well... yeah, I gue-I mean, yeah!"
"Okay, we're going to ask you some questions. How many band members are there in Simple Plan?"
"Ooh.. ooh... erm..." *Grabs flyer coincidentally lying on office desk and counts people on it*

*Puts on Simple Plan fan expertise voice* "That would be five."
"That's right. Now, can you name all five?"
"Erm..." *Flips to the back of flyer*


"Aw, darn it..."
"Woah, NO swearing on radio!"
"...Oh. Okay. Sorry. Erm..."

"Okay fine, I'll give you an easier question. When is Simple Plan's concert in Malaysia?"
*Flips to front of flyer & puts on Simple Plan fan expertise voice again* "That would be 29th March 2005."
"And what day would that be exactly?"
"Aw man, I'm not too sure, darn it lemme ch-"
"I said NO swearing, one more time and I'm gonna have to cut you off!"
"A-Aye Sir..."
"So do you know?"
"It's on aaaaaaayyyy... *checks desk calendar & gives up using SPFE voice after making it bloody obvious already that I am NOT a fan* Tuesday?"
"Do you have a calendar in front of you?"
"Uhh... No..."
"Anyway, that's correct! *Plays 20th Century Fox theme music* Congratulations, you have won yourself Simple Plan's latest CD, 'Still Not Getting Any' as well as an autographed poster, PLUS you'll be in the running to win two tickets to catch their concert, backstage passes for their meet-and-greet session, and a Simple Plan lunchbox!!"
"Yay. Awesome. Thanks."
"Rightey-o, please hold on the line..."

An hour later, 11-year-old "Emma" called up to ask for the Simple Plan CD, and she sang the ENTIRE first verse and chorus of 'Shut Up' - line for line, note for note. The deejay, thoroughly impressed, gave her the same prize which was meant for the next day's cue to call. I soaked my steam-ironed corporate suit in tears as Emma's esctatic squeals of gratitude shook my dismal cubicle. It's hardcore folks like her who should have gotten through instead of bored Assitant Events Managers feeling sorry for themselves.

Maybe it was an act of God after all. I hope He's happy. And as for Stephanie, you little fart, you owe me BIG time.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is in the Simple Plan lunchbox?

10:17 PM  
Blogger disco-very said...

no idea, but my sis is hoping it's David the bassist.

12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

David the bassist.

So you learnt their names after all.

9:43 PM  
Blogger Muddy said...

No worries about sounding a fool on national radio. Apparently, a good friend of mine, who happens to be a morning dj, called me up on live national radio and requested me to sing happy birthday song to myself. And yes, I did. Happy birthday to meeeee....

3:52 PM  
Blogger albert said...

Awww how sweeet. :)

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home