Wednesday, April 13, 2005

The Art of Phwoar

I just recieved some pics from the informal theatre workshops a friend held with his mates in KL before returning to his studies in Melbourne 2 months ago. (An awesome fellow - during his summer breaks he immerses himself in theatre classes and then comes back to share what he's learnt.) The last workshops he conducted involved a some pretty extreme physical theatre training and a bit of telepathy too. I asked him to try it out on me. All that freak did was look into my eyes, and my right arm started feeling tingly and floated upwards by itself. He stopped and revealed that he had instructed me to move my right arm. I was relieved he made me stop there.

Amongst concentration and role-playing exercises, the physical segment involved 2-3 people finding equibrilium between each other through various positions. I was frequently picked as the subject of many amusing experiments as I was the only girl in attendance and hence apparently the lightest.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The session lasted a bit past the usual closing time of the studio space and the security guy had shut down the electrical power to chase us off. He wasn't very successful.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Thanks for the radical time, guys! See you at the next round.

4 Comments:

Blogger albert said...

I like the second pose. :) WOW that makes me wanna learn telepathy. Then I could look into your eyes and make you do all the work. ;)

10:46 AM  
Blogger disco-very said...

No, I *refuse* to mention the mirror exercise. Haha. Horny bugger.

Albert my friend doesn't practice telepathy, it's just a gift. But coincidence is way cooler.

10:55 AM  
Blogger albert said...

Uh... so are you saying that you coincidentally wanted to raise your hand?

5:15 PM  
Blogger disco-very said...

No, the hand did feel like it was told to do something. Coincidence is cool because it's the only thing I'm personally better at.

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home