Thursday, April 14, 2005

Rootin' tootin'

I was watching some anime from a friend's computer the other day. I wore his headphones and had my eyes glued to the monitor while he lazed around and read a book on the living room floor nearby. In the middle of a non-crucial scene, I thought I heard from beyond the speakers, what faintly sounded like someone stepping on a duck. I was going to ignore it when my friend blurted out an "Excuse me!" I removed the headphones and turned to him.

"Huh?"
"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to do that..."
"...Oh! Naaah man. You my brutha, I'm your sista. We cool, we cool!"
"Haha, ok."

Dude, no-one ever means to break wind in front of other people but you can't exactly subsitute it with anything else. Even a 'perfect' guy like Jon Jonsson can bring this topic up in his blog. It's apparently taboo, but come on. I respect anyone who has the audacity to be human. (Unlike myself, whom only ever had the guts to do it once in front of my then-boyfriend of nine months, after which he looked up into the heavens and cried out a rapturous "Thank You!") Besides, my friend had let off a teeny inconsequential parp. If it was a thunderous cheek-flapper with enough potency to choke a camel, then it might have been a different case altogether.

5 Comments:

Blogger albert said...

I used to let fly in the fishtank, but our noses were probably too frozen to smell it. Or did you?

1:25 PM  
Blogger disco-very said...

I think I did that too... Maybe everyone in the fishtank have perfected the practice.

1:48 PM  
Blogger albert said...

I think it was the frozen noses, because practice didn't help at home. :/

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*cracks up* i can't believe you two!

2:31 PM  
Blogger disco-very said...

just admit it evan, you must have had your turds slamming on the brakes every now and then. you ninja killa you.

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home